We are seeking candidates to promote ethical pharmaceutical products within an assigned healthcare market through the use of effective selling principles and techniques.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for achieving and maximizing territory / account sales goals through profit focused account management, high level clinical proficiency and effective selling for our Schizophrenia product line. Sales targets will include pre-identified physicians, hospitals, pharmacies and other caregivers. You will be responsible for organizing your territory routing for most effective use of time to maximize sales impact in specified geographical territory. You will have sole ownership for all targets residing within your designated geography along with sole ownership for specific products. This provides a great opportunity to build your business in a single accountability model. You will have responsibility for reviewing and analyzing market data for developing and implementing your business plan and utilizing the sales force automation system to maximize your sales effectiveness. You will be responsible for complying with all legal and regulatory requirements established and/or adhered to by our company, and which govern the sale and promotion of its pharmaceutical products.
Successful candidates must possess significant customer (Psychiatrist) knowledge and understand the business channels and the business needs of each target within their defined territory. Significant knowledge/experience of the CNS market, preferably with Atypical Antipsychotics. Candidates must demonstrate a consistent track record of strong sales performance, with product launch experience preferred. The candidate must be able to facilitate and lead relevant discussions on the clinical and economic benefits of promoted products and work closely with sales, marketing, OCG and leadership to present consistent data to the customer. The candidate must also possess advanced account management skills including but not limited to: leadership, communication, negotiation and influence.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or life sciences (MBA a plus)
- 2+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience and demonstrated mastery of product and disease state knowledge.
- Knowledge of reimbursement channels is essential.
- Excellent presentation & organizational skills and be proficient with a PC (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and sales force automation systems).
- Extensive Travel within territory may be required – may include both car and air travel depending upon territory. Some national travel to corporate headquarters, training and sales meetings may also be required on a periodic basis. Work hours may include meetings scheduled outside of normal working hours.
Sepracor Field Sales - 2 years ago