Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are currently seeking a Therapist that possesses strong experience with the Developmentally Delayed population. Under supervision, provides direct mental health clinical assessment and evidence-based interventions to consumers and/or their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide mental health assessments to consumers of area CCB (Community Centered Board) to determine the etiology of symptom presentation and make recommendations for treatment.
· Provide individual and family treatment to consumers referred by area CCB when mental health symptoms are present.
· Prepares treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs; provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
· Provides care to consumers in a manner that promotes safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
· Maintains confidentiality of consumer records.
· Provides case management services to consumers as needed.
· Documents intervention and program activity according to Community Reach Center policy and procedure.
· Develops treatment plans, monitors treatment progress, and provides follow-up at disposition times.
· Attends and participates in group sessions, in-service education and training opportunities, meetings, supervisory sessions and special events.
· Participates in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
· Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Corporation standards.
· Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, as appropriate, in the performance of therapeutic and/or casework; refers clients to appropriate service agencies as required.
· Provides transition support to day treatment consumers as they return to public school.
· May provide parenting classes and/or other psychoeducational programs.
· Complete intake assessments on any Community Reach Center consumer during specified time.
· Perform other such duties as assigned within the scope of the position and program description, as well as those reflective of experience, education and ability.
Work experience requirements:
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
· 6 to 12 months directly related experience, which may include internship and/or practicum.
- Minimum of a Master’s in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or directly related field.
· Communication, organization, time management, interpersonal, and child/family clinical skills.
· Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards. Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
· Knowledge of assessment and treatment techniques for dually diagnosed children, adolescents, and adults. Strong experience with Developmentally Delayed is required.
· Experience providing consultation and direct treatment services strongly preferred.
· Ability to work cooperatively in an interdisciplinary team, and work autonomously as a mental health provider.
· Professional Counseling Licensure: LP, LPC, LCSW or LMFT
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.