Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are seeking a Full Time Therapist to be part of our Justice Outpatient Team. Under direct supervision , provides clinical and support services to individuals (including adults and adolescents) involved with the criminal justice system and/or their families utilizing evidence based best practice models. May operate in a residential environment, or in an outreach environment, such as in homes, schools, and/or outpatient clinic. May also provide community based services including but not limited to Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Training, crisis intervention with consumer, and/or on-site mental health services at Community Correction and/or Jail facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides counseling, therapy and/or psychotherapy to consumers and families as appropriate to the position; prepares treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs; provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
· Provides care to consumers in a manner that promotes safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment.
· Maintains confidentiality of consumer records.
· Provides case management services to consumers as needed.
· Facilitates and contributes to the accomplishment of tasks by consumers and/or families; empowers consumers to reach optimum level of achievement; sets positive example and provides role modeling as well as technical expertise to accomplish goals.
· Documents intervention and program activity according to Community Reach Center policies and procedures.
· Attends and participates in group sessions, in-service education and training opportunities, meetings, supervisory sessions and special events.
· Participates in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
· Maintains accurate and timely clinical records consistent with Center standards.
· Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, as appropriate, in the performance of therapy and/or casework; refers clients to appropriate service agencies as required.
· Consults and coordinates with Adams County Sheriff’s Office, Adams County Public Defender’s Office, Adams County Family Court, 17 th Judicial District Probation Office, District Attorney – 17 th Judicial District and other community providers as appropriate for the identification and treatment of individuals in the criminal justice system in need of mental health intervention.
· Provides 1200 hours of billable service each year; Enters clinical data in a timely manner (progress notes are entered within one day of providing the service).
· May provide parenting classes and/or other psycho-educational programs.
· Participates in and utilizes opportunities that provide professional growth through attendance at center in-services and other conferences and by conducting consultation and education functions as indicated.
· Projects a positive image to other agencies and general public.
· Assists in pinpointing program and management problems and participates in problem resolution.
· Participates in on-going program development, implementation and evaluation.
· Promotes cooperative working relationships and positive team atmosphere.
· Performs other such duties as assigned within the scope of the position and program description, as well as those reflective of their experience, education and ability.
Work experience requirements:
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualification would be equivalent to:
· Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a directly related field.
· Minimum of 3 years directly related clinical experience.
· Communication, organization, time management, and clinical skills. Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards. Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
· Licensed as Certified Addictions Counselor, any level. Professional counseling licensure (LP, LPC, LMFT, LCSW).
· Bilingual English/Spanish
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community Reach Center - 17 months ago