Experience Level: 1-3 Years
Education: Master's Degree
This position is located at our Matt Talbot for Recovering Men site. It is a 60 day primary residential treatment program for adult males with substance abuse and mental health problems. We provide 30 hours of therapeutic group counseling per week. Individual counseling and case management services are also part of the service Matrix. In addition, clients have access to medical and psychiatric consultation services at the site. Case management services include the exploration of housing options upon the completion of treatment and medication monitoring.
Provide specialized mental health or alcohol and other drug services including Mental Health Assessment, Chemical Dependency or Dual Diagnosis Assessment, Behavioral Health Counseling and Therapy Services, or other chemical dependency treatment services, Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment or case management, Consultation, or Prevention to clients related to their specific Individual Service Plan (ISP) defined needs or related to priorities established.
- Under direction, ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland.
- Within scope of practice, implement site/corporation approved treatment practices, procedures or interventions.
- Conduct a diagnostic or needs assessment on referred clients.
- Consultation services may be provided according to priorities established to produce the greatest benefit in meeting the mental health and/or alcohol and other drug service needs of the community.
- Plan, implement and evaluate services with the participation of persons served and their families.
- Develop, maintain and monitor assigned clients' ISP ; review assigned clients' progress in treatment and may communicate with other qualified mental health or alcohol and other drug providers, child care, administrative, educational staff and referring agency staff regarding the progress of assigned clients.
- Provide individual and group services as described above. May develop other therapeutic activities.
- Provide referrals to other services as required or necessary.
- Assist and support clients served in crisis situations.
- Assist parent(s) of clients in strengthening communication skills; access appropriate physical and mental health care and chemical dependency resources as needed; access transportation needs; and provide opportunities to build social skills.
- May monitor psychiatric symptoms of clients.
- May develop behavior therapy plans as needed.
- Monitor and follow up services accessed by client to determine if services meet the c
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related fields with 3-5 years of related experience.
- Must have LSW/LPC.
- At CCS/Parmadale, must be at least 21 years of age at date of hire.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR or attained through training during orientation, as needed.
- Special Treatment Safety Measures (STSM) trained or completed through training during CCS-Parmadale orientation as needed.
- Must possess sufficient physical ability at CCS-Parmadale to restrain a client through the use of approved therapeutic holding depending on clients served.
- Must have knowledge and utilization of community resources depending on clients served.
- Must be able to form good working and therapeutic relationships.
- Must be able to navigate stairs, depending on location site.
- Must possess sufficient vision at CCS-Parmadale to monitor clients from a distance of twenty (20) feet.
- Must possess sufficient hearing at CCS-Parmadale to monitor clients from a distance of twenty (20) feet.
- Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively and productively work with people of very diverse economic, cultural and administrative backgrounds.
- Must be knowledgeable and responsive to cultural diversity issues presented in the coordination of services.
- Must have competent organizational skills, strong detail orientation and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently from general instructions.
- Must have good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- If transporting clients, must have a valid Ohio Driver's License and a verified safe driving record with no greater than four (4) points and reliable means of transportation. Must provide a copy of license.
- If transporting clients, must provide proof of auto insurance including effective dates of coverage and maintain minimum liability insurance coverage of $100,000 per individual and $300,000 per occurrence for driving personal vehicle.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
CareerBoard - 11 months ago