Provide clinical services to children experiencing mental illness, addictions and/or serious emotional disorders.
SCOPE: Coordinates all aspects of clinical treatment for assigned clients with major mental illness and/or serious emotional disorders. Provides individual, group and family therapy and crisis intervention. Maintains contact with and consults with relevant collaborative parties. Participates as full member of the clinical team and the program and is responsible for maintaining client records.
ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:
Provides Full-Range of Clinical Services for Children with mental illness, addictions
and/or serious emotional disorders.
staying in the community and resuming occupational, educational and/or leisure activities.
- Completes intake assessment and diagnosis.
- Coordinates client-centered treatment planning.
- Works with client to develop treatment plan to meet presenting problems and needs.
- Documents ongoing client progress.
- Works with clients to develop appropriate discharge plans utilizing natural supports.
- Determines appropriate treatment services for assigned clients to assist them in
Responsible for Maintaining Client and Staff Records According to Agency Policy
- Maintains collaborative relationships with family members and other service providers.
- Develops and provides group therapy and psycho educational groups designed to aid clients in understanding and managing their symptoms.
- Provides individual therapy when indicated to aid clients in maintaining or improving their level of functioning.
- Provides family therapy and consultation when indicated to assist clients and families in learning about and managing mental illness and/or behavioral issues.
- Provides crisis assessment and intervention to monitor status of clients in crisis.
- Demonstrates competency in age related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
Participates as Full Member of Team.
- Completes intake and discharge recordkeeping.
- Keeps all client progress notes, treatment plans and other records up-to-date.
- Completes all agency statistical and other recordkeeping according to agency policy and procedures.
Participates Actively in Maintaining a Safe and Positive Environment
- Attends and participates actively in assigned team and staff meetings.
- Consults with other team members.
- Covers for other staff during periods of vacation or absence.
- Participates in weekly supervision to review client and program progress.
- Collaborates with other agency staff and external providers who are working with client.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps abreast of all agency policies and procedures.
- Reports client injuries and incidents to supervisor.
- Sets positive example of interaction with clients and other staff.
- Takes initiative in interaction with clients in order to set an example of appropriate relationships.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Keeps abreast of current ideas, theories and research regarding treatment of population served.
- May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs require.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- In-depth knowledge of child clinical/psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, risk assessment, crisis management, individual/group/family therapy, in brief treatment modality;
- In-depth knowledge of treatment services in acute & maintenance models, of clients with major mental illness;
- Ability to provide case formulation and develop focused, goal oriented treatment plans, related to client's treatment readiness or development level, and problem identification;
- Familiarity with psychotropic medications;
- Ability to articulate treatment needs, collaborate, make appropriate referrals, and interface with numerous other providers;
- Bi-lingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Current Licensure as an LCSW, LMFT, LPC, or LADC is required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Masters degree in a behavioral health field which is eligible for licensing in the State of Connecticut. Prior experience working with children required.
CHR - 16 months ago
Capitol Region Education Council
Capitol Region Education Council
- 5 hours ago
Clinician / Therapist
- 5 days ago
West Central Family & Counseling
West Springfield, MA
- 9 days ago