Thresholds is Illinois' oldest and largest provider of services to people living with severe and persistent mental illness. Thresholds celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2009 and looks forward to continuing its mission to help its members reclaim their lives and achieve hopeful and successful futures. With its 30 service locations and more than 75 housing developments in the Chicago area, Thresholds is a recognized leader in mental health recovery. Thresholds provides excellent opportunities for career development and promotion and has been voted as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. Thresholds encourages individuals who have experienced mental health recovery to apply. EOE M/F/D/V
Description of Duties:
- Provide individual and group therapy as member of multidisciplinary team in the treatment of mentally ill adolescents in a Transitional Living Program for pregnant and parenting teens/ DCFS wards.
- Complete required paperwork (individual and group session notes, annual reviews, quarterly assessments, incident reports, etc.).
- Run quarterly clinical staffings for clients on caseload.
- Attend required meetings with treatment team members.
- Travel between scattered apartment sites, schools, hospitals…as needed to provide appropriate care.
Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling required.
LCSW or LCPC strongly preferred.
Experience working with mentally ill adolescents preferred.
Requirements, Responsibilities and/or Duties Unique to the Position:
Valid driver’s license, automobile and 100/300 auto liability insurance required.
Reliable vehicle and insurance is required.
Established in 1959, Thresholds provides healthcare, housing, and hope for thousands of persons with mental illnesses in Illinois each year....