GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Maintenance technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to sustain and run the factory floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. The Maintenance Technician position is a shift position (working alternating weeks of three and four 12 hour shifts per week). GLOBALFOUNDRIES is staffing for 4 shifts, with 50% of the positions assigned to the night shift.
- Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment
- Perform basic preventive maintenance activities
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Process wafers using defined procedures
- Operate metrology/ inspection equipment and interpret results
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Use standard software applications (MS Office) and specific programs (SAP, MES, ASPECT) creating reports and documenting procedures
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Perform engineering experiments by following instructions
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes and on the Emergency Response Team
- Train new team members
- 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training / experience
- Minimum 5 years direct experience working in semi-conductor manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years direct experience in semi-conductor tool / equipment maintenance
- Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
- Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per day shift schedule
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment for normal 12 hour per day shift (excluding breaks)
- Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues
- Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
- Equipment or process maintenance experience in semi-conductor manufacturing
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES offers a broad range of manufacturing capabilities, from the very leading edge of process technology to more mature,...