The Account Specialist for Managed Accounts provides a single point of contact for the high value servicing of the merchant accounts for a strategic Third Party Relationship and works to enhance the merchant relationship and experience with their network and brand. Utilizes advanced knowledge to support a broad range of clients, from moderate to complex. Analyzes technical issues utilizing advanced knowledge of VANTIV Product offerings. The Specialist maintains a cooperative and positive relationship with Vantiv Account Executives and Relationship Management personnel at the Third Party partner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Dedicated to a specific Merchant/customer portfolio.
- Acts as a liaison between the assigned portfolio and the Vantiv Dispute and Retrievals team and will work and answer dispute problems and questions.
- Receives direct e-mails and phone calls from the portfolio, in order to respond to merchant/client correspondence and perform requested maintenance on client accounts.
- Acts as liaison for Incident and Problem management to their portfolio.
- Researches and resolves merchant inquiries, issues and problem situations via telephone, fax and e-mail inquiries.
- Perform complex maintenance of assigned accounts, such as modifying merchant’s settlement rules.
- Maintain a strong and productive working relationship with Relationship Management, Account Executive team, and Operations teams.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of settlement, billing, chargebacks and customer facing reporting and online portal.
- Build Business Object reports to be utilized by internal and external customers.
- Conceptualize areas for process improvement, discovering and analyzing trends to include, but not inclusively, changes in sales, revenue, and chargebacks and work with the appropriate individuals to document and implement.
- Research and monitor data integrity statistics to ensure compliance with Network Regulations.
- Educates customers on Network operating regulations.
- Verifies receipt of daily inbound transaction files and outbound daily settlement to include balancing and error notifications and correction. Tracks size of transaction files and trends.
- Analyzes chargeback reports to identify trends and works with the merchant to reduce chargebacks.
- Coordinates the boarding of new outlets and set managers, ensuring the appropriate account structure is in place and that boarding is completed to meet the requirements of the merchant and Network standards.
- Promptly researches and resolves issues when notified by other areas.
- Coordinates all account maintenance required to include bank information changes, reporting changes, price changes, netting group changes, and name, address and telephone changes. Verifies updates to ensure accuracy, consistency and timeliness of changes.
- Supports increased electronic payments acceptance.
- Participates in creation of customer presentations and assist with preparation of customer proposals.
- Supports Risk Reduction by issuing Risk Alerts when appropriate and by notifying management of changes in ownership, mergers, acquisitions, third party financing agreements and bankruptcies.
- Works with the Team Lead to ensure the completion of all necessary actions, communications and account maintenance updates in regard to Third Party Financing Agreements, Mergers and Acquisitions and Bankruptcies.
- Researches the merchant’s Internet sites and other sites to maintain knowledge of assigned accounts and their industries and issues account update notifications.
- Analyzes data and completes periodic comprehensive reports and documents for management on their assigned accounts. Provides informational reports for specific merchants to Relationship Management upon request.
- Completes Special Projects as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- One to three years of experience in servicing, relationship management or sales required.
- One to three years of experience in Merchant, processing, financial or technology related industry experience required.
- Four-year degree in business or related field preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and MS Visio preferred.
- Attention to detail & ability to multi task and work under pressure with tight time frames.
- Knowledge of VANTIV Product offerings.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts verbally and in written form is a mandatory requirement of this position.
- Organizational and time management skills are also required.
- Normal office environment.
- Extended viewing of and work on PC.
- Will be required to travel to customer locations with overnight stay
- Possible shift differential as hours of operation will be from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Vantiv - 9 months ago