Company Overview |
We ’re looking for innovators and problem solvers who want to have an enormous impact on the world and are passionate about taking on the largest of challenges. We were the first to provide Internet education to the world. We created Grovo to help the world better use web and mobile apps with short-form video courses. Our mission is to be your trusted source of real-time, high quality updates to the web and mobile products you and your friends use.
We launched the website in late 2010. Since then, the community has grown to almost 50,000 members hailing from 145 countries in six continents and includes Fortune 500 paying customers, K-12 school districts, and leading universities like Harvard, Stanford, and CalTech.
To date, our NYC-based team has produced 2,500 one-minute video lessons, each of which includes a multiple choice quiz, time-synced transcript, download-able PDF, and glossary sterms. Our courses typically contain 10-50 video lessons; we currently cover 100 unique web/mobile products and strategies to use them best.
About half of our coursework can be watched for free. For more advanced courses, we charge $9/month or $99/year for unlimited access to current and new coursework we create every week. We deliver coursework via our social learning platform, which is also proudly produced in our NYC-based office.
Grovo has been featured in The New York Times, Forbes, and TechCrunch, and we have raised venture financing from some of Silicon Valley ’s most prestigious investors.
Join Grovo as a Production intern to learn the process of web video production in a fast-paced, startup environment.
You will be focused on updating and expanding our ever-growing library of video content by executing the following activities:
It ’s an exciting position and it reports to our Production Manager, PJ Bruno.
- Sound recording (Voice-over)
- Video editing
- Quality Control
- Populate product accounts
- Capture on-screen-action (grabs) using Camtasia for Mac
- Recording, exporting and compressing voice-over at our in-house studio
- Set up and videography for studio and on-location shoots (Lighting + Audio)
- Edit lessons using Final Cut Pro 7
Must be working toward a graduate or undergraduate degree (preferably production related)
Lives in NYC
- Final Cut Pro 7 experience
- Motion keyframing
- Color correction
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras
- Live Action shoot experience
- Good with movie trivia, a wealth of movie quotes
The ideal Production Intern:
- Lives and breathes the Internet
- Loves the start-up lifestyle and culture
- Is an analytical thinker
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Has great problem solving skills
- Has attention to detail
- Can communicate clearly, concisely and quickly, both verbally and in writing
- Takes pride in his or her work
- Is very proactive and solution-oriented
- Has a good sense of humor!
Grovo - 11 months ago