Ticket Support Analyst
Job ID #: 23501
Company : Expedia North America
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Transportation
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Not Indicated
Experience Required : 1-2 Years
Relocation Provided : No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
The Global Air Fulfillment Operational Team supports all aspects of the Air business end to end with focus on automation support, customer experience, and efficient transaction processing and providing mission critical linkages between our customers, Expedia, and our partners.
The Ticket Support Analyst’s role is to provide support to the Expedia in-house Global Ticketing Platform as well as being a subject matter expert to drive the definition of manual process for PNRs that fall out of automation (a.k.a. Ticket Reject). Duties include analyzing ticketing reports to ensure the quality and accuracy of the ticketing process and to proactively troubleshoot automation ticket rejects and manual handling of reject resolution. Ensure that all changes/additions for manual processes are managed effectively. This position will also be a bridge between the operational groups at all Expedia points of sale, the Program Managers on the Global Ticketing Platform project and a liaison to our vendor partners.
This position primarily investigates ticketing related issues for both automation and manual process support. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting, documenting and reproducing ticketing errors for Program Managers to work through resolution options
- Reviewing and providing input and feedback on future phases and feature enhancements of the Global Ticketing Platform
- Reviewing and providing direction for new scenarios or making improvement with regard to manual processes specific to Ticket Rejects
- Monitoring live sites for all points of sale for ticketing related problems and manual handling of those that have rejected from automation
- Making recommendations for database updates for all points of sale
- Assist GTP test teams when testing new features
- Provide support for Expedia Inc. key initiatives which could include User Acceptance Testing and Process validation
- Problem solve by reproducing scenarios, researching available data, filing bug reports, developing alternatives to bring resolution to issues
- Collaborate with Air Fulfillment internal teams, external Air Fulfillment partner’s teams to ensure efficient and accurate processing of PNRs impacted by Ticket Reject
- Provide Ticket Reject related Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to Global Teams as required to successfully operationalize key Expedia initiatives (POS launches/Global Parity/New Contact Center/Customer Operations Agent Tool/ etc.)
- Ensure accurate content and timely updates of all process maps and workflows relative to Global Ticket Reject processes/procedure/policy for both voice and non-voice functions
- Collaborate with Air Fulfillment & Operations groups and GDS vendors in the tracking, trending and resolution of GDS issues resulting in financial loss and/or inefficient manual processes
- Contribute to cost reduction and containment by ensuring existing ticket reject automated and manual exception processes are functioning efficiently with an overall objective to reduce exception transactions to minimal levels
- Drive root cause analysis and continuous improvement through monitoring of all ticket reject activity end to end
- Collaborate with Air Fulfillment Operational teams and Customer Operations teams in the facilitation of policy and process in the event of a major event that significantly impacts airline travel
- Mentor Support Coordinators to improve both personally and professionally to facilitate stretched learning and improvement
- Support a culture of open and honest communication, where everyone’s input is valued and trusted
- Be a strong supporter of the team and our value throughout the organization
- Create strong relationships with internal and external business partners based on mutual trust and respect
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse group as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- SQL knowledge highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of airline ticketing principles (both domestic and international)
- Strong analytical ability for complex ticketing problems
- Ability to multi-task and keep up with a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience within the travel industry required
- Knowledge of airline rules and regulations including fare rules, ticket exchanges, ticket refunds and itinerary changes preferred
- GDS (Sabre, Amadeus, and/or Worldspan) knowledge (native mode required)
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...