Buried deep in every vehicle fleet is a wealth of secrets that can be used to improve operations as well as the bottom line – if only you could unlock them. Navman Wireless holds the key that unlocks those secrets and helps fleets run more efficiently and cost-effectively every day.
With our technology, fleet operators have complete visibility into where their vehicles and assets are in real time – how much fuel they're using – how they're being driven – whether they need service – and other insights that can be used to make smart management decisions.
Today, Navman Wireless monitors more than 190,000 vehicles owned by over 16,000 organizations on five continents. That makes us one of the top SaaS providers of GPS-based fleet and asset management technology in the world.
An operating company of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with additional facilities in California, Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, China, New Zealand and Australia.
The Customer Service Specialist will be part of the Navman Wireless North America support team located at our Corporate Headquarters in Glenview, IL.
Duties will include the first level of technical support, for both internal and external customers, on all issues related to Navman Wireless products and services.
The successful candidate will have well-defined interpersonal and problem solving skills and a team player attitude.
- Serve as first level customer support for external and internal customers
- Troubleshoot common issues to determine root cause in order to resolve customer issues
- Resolve customer questions, complaints and requests
- Interface with and provide support to company sales representatives
- Document service issues/requirements
- Assist in the development and training of process documentation in accordance with best-practices
- Provision systems and perform quality control checks
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned
Why Navman Wireless?
- Minimum 2 years experience in Customer Service or 2 years IT experience with a customer-facing element
- Candidate must have a college degree or equivalent work experience
- Displays team player characteristics
- Solid planning and organizing skills with ability to multi-task
- Possesses a strong desire to learn
- Results oriented with solid follow up skills
- Detail oriented, able to manage priorities and self-motivated
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers
- Must be passionate about helping customers
- Exhibits solid business acumen
- Desire to participate in the development of our US business
- Demonstrates an analytical capacity and problem-solving skills
- Strong foundation of technical ability
- Well-defined interpersonal skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Displays positive workplace environment and team spirit
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- SAP Experience is preferred
Interested in the Position?
Email a PDF of your resume and cover letter to
- We are a fast growing company, but maintain a small company feel so your ideas can be heard at the highest levels
- In the last two years alone, we've also been listed on the Inc. 500|5000, Forbes America's Most Promising Companies, Crain's Fastest Growing Companies and the Crain's Largest Privately Held Companies
- Our SaaS technology has been featured in the BBC, NBC, Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, Inc., Fast Company, Investor's Business Daily, CNNMoney just to name a few
- Our products have consistently been recognized as best in class include recent wins of the Chicago Innovation Award, Construction Equipment's Best 100 New Products, Technology Leadership Award, InfoWorld's Top 25 CTO and Best Telematics Service and Application for Commercial Vehicles for our flagship OnlineAVL2 product
- The opportunity to sell an innovative fleet management solution that will make companies more efficient and productive thus growing their business
- We were acquired by Danaher Corporation, a Washington, D.C.-based Fortune 250 science and technology company, in December 2012
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting – the role will require a proactive and flexible approach to successfully achieving the targets that support a rapid and innovative product development environment.
Navman Wireless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Navman Wireless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Navman Wireless expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability to Navman Wireless employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Navman Wireless - 8 months ago