NIIT Technologies is looking for a full time TSM Engineer. Please feel free to call 770-290-6099 for interviews. Relocation Assistance provided.
Responsible for installation, and administration of remote backup and recovery systems using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM 5.5 – 6.1/2/3) in a multi-platform environment (Windows, Red Hat Linux, and AIX). Ensures applications and database systems are backed up in such a manner that effective and timely recovery and restore is possible using TSM software and associated backup media management hardware.
- Plan proper maintenance schedules for the backup and recovery system.
- Perform audits on TSM Server hardware and software, backup/recovery processes and security
- Properly implement appropriate backup retention policies
- Review and correct TSM Server recovery log and database volume sizing
- Verify inventory expiration and reclamation scheduled tasks are being ran successfully
- Apply latest TSM Server and Client patches
- Monitor and Support all current and future TSM backup sites.
- Send out daily email notifications on client backup status, scheduled maintenance status, tape pool inventory, and overall health check for each site using scripts (perl, shell scripting.)
- Resolve all failed client backups
- Monitor TSM Server performance and fine tune
- Manage DRM processes for offsite tape rotations
- Monitor System Performance during backup operations
- Resolve performance issues such as disk I/O and memory utilization by TSM applications
- Resolve tape and library issues as well as path and server connectivity issues
- Install TSM Server/Client environments from the ground up in multi-platform environment.
- Experience on Storage Technologies like VTL and Data Domain etc.
- Experience on AIX and VIO Environment with LPAR Setup
- Experience on IBM Tape Library (TS3500) and upgrade on Hardware Level
- Working exposure to Centera, Isilon, Symantec End Point Vault
- Server/Client may be installed in an HACMP or Windows Cluster environment
- Document backup/restore process that is specific to each site
- Understand and have experience with installation of TDP for Exchange and MSSQL, DB2.
Must have prior experience:
- Strong TSM 5.5 server client knowledge as well as Tivoli data protection packages
- IBM certified deployment professional desired
- 4 years + in a LARGE server environment 1000+ nodes. 5 + Servers
- Good communications skills with focus on Technical English
- Understanding of tools such as TSM manager, Spirit software.
- Strong understanding of TSM server 6.2, 5.5 and all related TDP types.
- In a diverse platform environment in managing 200TB+ backup and recovery systems
- Managing TSM Server and clients on Windows, Linux, and AIX platforms
- Managing TSM Server and clients in AIX HACMP and Windows Cluster environments
- Managing Ultrium 3583, 3584, 3592 TS3310, TS3200, TS3500 and other IBM automated tape libraries.
- Installing TSM Server, Client, and associated tape library from the ground up on varies OS platforms.
- Administering several TSM environments remotely
- Basic Linux and AIX administration