Tolls Project Manager
Engineers - Transportation
United States-California-San Diego
is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-starting Tolls Project Manager to join our team. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your Project Management and technical knowledge to a variety of challenging toll-related projects.
This position is located in San Diego, CA. California experience is stongly preferred.
The successful candidate will possess a knowledge and understanding of the tolls and managed lanes businesses. He/she will coordinate and oversee both traditional and cutting edge tolls and ITS deployments and operations. Our ideal candidate will have a tolls, IT and/or ITS background, as well as an understanding of Project Management practices, project coordination, and scheduling.
Specific areas of responsibilities include performance monitoring, technology assessment and evaluation, field testing of software and equipment oversight civil design, construction management, network communication design, communication installation oversight and coordination of tolls systems integration. Responsibilities will span the project lifecycle including planning, implementation, and operations and maintenance. Duties of this role include:
• Coordination with client and other public agencies, including leading project meetings
• ITS Strategic planning and assisting the client in shepherding projects from vision to completion
• Coordinate communications between internal and external associates and clients. Maintains frequent contact with clients to determine their respective needs and requirements, and serves as a technical tolls expert when necessary.
• Direct project team deliverables, monitor team progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments; review and approve subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves budget issues.
• Develop, communicate and manage project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements.
• Monitor schedules, billings and reports; ensures appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects; assist in obtaining payment from clients; resolve client disputes and adjusts billing records as required; communicate project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems.
• Identify new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
• May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
• B.S. degree in Engineering or a Toll related subject such as Computer Science, Transportation Planning, Finance, and Business Adminsitration. Project management professional (PMP) and/or California P.E. is highly desirable.
• A minimum of ten years of relevant tolls/transportation operations and management experience is required.
• Professional experience including information and communication technologies, toll operations, image/violations-processing systems/engineering, toll collection systems and sub-systems, toll infrastructure, electronic payment, and/or customer service center operations is highly desirable.
• A proven track record of business development in the transportation/tolls industry is required.
• Proven interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management and team management skills.
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
core transportation services in the U.S. highways and structures, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), tolls, aviation, and transit markets encompass engineering, planning, construction management, program management, environmental science, geomatics, architecture, emergency management, asset management, and information technologies. Our clients represent a mix of both the public and private sectors and include regional, state, and federal agencies; counties and municipalities.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.