Lays out, fabricates, and assembles wood and/or metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixture by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models, and engineering or shop specifications. Uses a variety of machinist’s tools, hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Computes dimensions; determines machining and material or parts required. Performs precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommends revisions n design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solves problems relating to unusual materials work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures and certify/test product.
Job Requirements :
- Repair existing tools needed in the production of parts
- Fabricate new tools using existing part as pattern
- Develop new tools to make a part that is new by using drawings, mylars or sketches
- Develop methods to produce parts using various materials; such as B stage, plastic sheets, etc.
- Make test coupons for flammability tests
- Make structural repairs to various panels and parts
- Read pick list, parts list and drawings to fabricate an assembly
- Track materials and labor time allocated to the job
- Estimate materials and time to fabricate new tools
- Help when needed in the refurbishment area during slow periods in the tooling department
- Reduce scrap and eliminate wasted time on set ups by evaluating new tools or modification of existing tools
- Trained and certified in fork Lift operation
Offer Relocation :