General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Tool Crib Attendant in our Programs group.
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for receiving, storing, and issuing tools, machine tool fixtures, dies, measuring devices, support equipment, materials and/or supplies in support of local and deployed locations. Develops and maintains accurate records for tracking, logging and verifying. Takes periodic inventory ensuring item availability to fill incoming requisitions. Maintains database of damaged, worn out, or missing equipment. Assignments are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. month rotation cycles. Some overtime required.
· Receives, stores and issues tools, machine tool fixtures, dies, measuring devices, materials and/or supplies. Supports local and deployed locations with tool related issues.
· Assembles new tool kits and upgrades and maintains existing tool kits. Ensures accurate distribution and tracking of items. Identifies and investigates shortages, overages and discrepancies. Verifies conformance to specifications and invoices.
· Develops and maintains database of issued, damaged, worn out or missing equipment. Researches and orders new or replacement tools.
· Updates, replaces and maintains technical orders and data.
· Processes requests for parts/supplies, maintains logs and databases, and monitors status and back log. Maintains shop supply inventory. Orders and stores required supplies.
· Maintains accurate database of government owned property.
· May prepare hard copy or electronic monthly or periodic reports of activity or issues.
· Calibrates measuring devices as required. May troubleshoot non-routine issues and recommend possible solutions.
· May be responsible for storing, transporting, and disposing of hazardous material (HAZMAT).
· May provide direction and/or training to less experienced staff.
· Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
· Coordinates and prepares shipping of parts/equipment and misc items.
· Coordinates with customer on receipt of various assets being shipped to this location for test projects.
· Coordinates shipping and receiving on company specific projects (IRAD) that are being tested at this site.
· Liaison with base shipping and receiving for disposition of inbound or outbound shipments of equipment.
- 18 months ago - save job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...