– Moses Lake, WA
Terex Corporation (Genie Industries) is the leading manufacturer of lifting equipment. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms.
This position provides technical skills to design and fabricate tools for the manufacturing process. Designs, fabricates and modified welding and machining fixtures. Provides technical support to Tooling Machinists and Manufacturing Team.
- Participate with Manufacturing Team Members to identify tooling requests.
- Analyze manufacturing and tooling problems, and formulates solutions.
- Use algebraic and geometric formulas and tooling engineering data, Tool Designer develops tool configuration.
- Design drilling, milling, boring, checking, welding, lifting and assembly fixtures.
- Make assembly and parts drawings using SolidWorks modeling software.
- Requisition parts, materials, tools and all other items as required.
- Fabricate drilling, milling, boring, checking, welding, lifting and assembly fixtures.
- Document all tools and fixtures built.
- Check fabricated tools against established tolerances.
- Deliver tools to manufacturing team and trains team members on its proper use.
- Design pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical circuitry with minimal assistance.
- Create electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic diagrams.
- Assist tooling team members with their projects.
- Write S.O.P. procedures for each fixture, and updates them as needed.
- Perform work with independent judgment and initiative.
- Work with design engineering teams in improving manufacturability of product designs.
- Facilitate fixture modifications for ECN’s.
- Facilitate fixture repairs or replacements.
- Organize and facilitate meetings as required.
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of experience in tool design.
Ability to interpret blueprints and be able to work off of prints, sketches or verbal directions.
- Background in tooling machining techniques and manufacturing practices.
- Sufficient analytical skills to convert design and production concepts or instruction into tooling drawings.
- Ability to perform mathematical, algebraic, and physical calculations.
- Understanding of welding techniques and processes.
- Thorough electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems knowledge.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Background in the mechanical, physical and ergonomic aspects as part of proper tool design.
- Working knowledge of applicable computer systems (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to generate computerized and hand drawings per ANSI standards.
- Efficiency in utilization of measuring equipment
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer of a broad range of equipment that is focused on delivering reliable, customer-driven solutions for many applications, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility and manufacturing industries. Terex reports in five business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Construction; Cranes; Material Handling & Port Solutions; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of equipment through Terex Financial Services. Terex uses its website to make information available to its investors and the market at www.terex.com .
It is the policy of the organization to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Monster - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...