We have an immediate opening for a Tool Setter in our Pistol Department. This is a 12 hour rotating shift on B Crew days, 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. This is a non-exempt, salaried grade 4 position.
- Setting tooling for CNC machines
- Using and interpreting tooling set-up sheets
- Matching diameters and lengths for multiple spindle operations
- Identifying and selecting proper holders using A through G dimensions
- Maintaining proper inventory, considering usage and latest tooling revisions
- Monitoring tool usage, paying particular attention to abnormal usage/breakage
- Working with Cutter Department, Purchasing and vendors
- Troubleshooting with CNC team when tooling problems occur
- Maintaining tooling budget
- Calibrating/maintaining CMM
- Calibrating/maintaining parlec tool setter
- Setting up, operating and maintaining electro-static paint booth
- Offering suggestions relative to job improvements
- High School/GED
- 1-3 years of experience as a tool setter in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to use a variety of measuring instruments and shop math
- Must be able to use computer to maintain spreadsheets, send/receive purchase orders, and retrieve tooling prints using Matrix and Myriad software
We have a comprehensive benefits package including 401 ( k), profit sharing, medical, dental and vision coverage. AAE/EOE Smoke-free facility.
Smith & Wesson has built a successful business shooting for the stars. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (operating through...