Tool and Die Maker-WIC01621
At Bombardier, 65,400 employees in 23 countries work together to move people forward around the globe-one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will: Plan, develop, troubleshoot, fabricate, and assemble tooling and dies required for the production of aircraft parts.
- Adhere to General Work Requirements
- Plan and construct layout for basic tools and dies from Engineering, Tool Design and/or Methods documents
- Shape and profile raw materials in accordance with Engineering, Tool Design, and Methods specifications using, for example, mills, lathes, grinders, drill presses, table routers, and power hand tools
- Assist with assembling tools and dies using and interpreting a variety of precision measurement equipment to ensure compliance with Engineering specifications
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
As our ideal employee, you will have the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Typically 3 years conventional machining, sheet metal, fabrication, or related experience, which must include 2 years experience in tool and die construction
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering documents
- Ability to use and interpret a variety of precision measurement instruments
- Basic knowledge of various shop machines, for example, mills, lathes, drill presses, surface grinders, and power hand tools
- Mechanical skills
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering, Methods, and Tool Design documents
- Ability to set-up and operate various shop machines, for example, mills, lathes, drill presses, and surface grinders, table routers, and power hand tools
- Working knowledge of machinery, equipment, and raw materials required for tool and die construction
- Basic knowledge of safety requirements for tool and die construction
- Basic knowledge of tool and die construction
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and departments
- Basic knowledge of trigonometry and geometry
Job: Tool Maker
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita
Zip Code US
Organization: Business Aircraft
Employee Status: Regular
Bombardier - 10 months ago
A pioneer in the aerospace industry, Learjet Inc. builds high-performance business jets -- the limos of the sky. The company has produced mo...