Tool and Die Technicians support production by maintaining tooling, fixtures and gages by repairs, preventative maintenance and constant improvements. Tool and Die Technicians from beginning to intermediate levels are to repair the tooling, gages and fixtures by direction of the Tool and Die Supervisor or Tool and Die Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Create, record and close work orders using MP2.
• Must be capable of operating manual machine tools safely and accurately. These machine tools include manual milling machines, manual lathes, drill press, manual surface grinder, and bench grinders.
• Persons with advanced skill levels will be able to operate CNC milling machines, Wire EDM machine, EDM Hole driller and CNC surface grinders.
• Must be capable of applying fabrication skills such as cutting, welding and basic machine skills. Experience on the job should correlate to the ability to build increasingly complex machine components and repairs.
• Must be able to perform troubleshooting of progressive stamping dies, Offer countermeasures and root cause analyses for recurring issues with tooling and fixtures in an effort to improve reliability and performance.
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on tooling and fixtures as scheduled in MP2.
• Operate forklifts, cranes, etc.
Excellent company paid benefits includes Vacation, Holiday, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K match, Short and Long term disability, & Life Insurance.
Job is located in Lincoln, NE.
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Physically they will be walking, sitting, and standing for the work day. Additionally, must have ability to kneel, squat, lift, and move equipment within the work area. These activities may also require reach, grip, and pinch movements to complete assigned tasks. Communication skills required are verbal, written, and demonstration skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 22 months ago - save job