Tooling Analyst will be responsible for the tracking of customer owned tooling. Process starts at award of program moves through program launch phase and is monitored until payment is received from the customer.
The person in this environment works at a fast pace with minimum supervision. The requirements of the business may cause frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Analyst will interact with Sales, Purchasing, Program Management, Plants and Customers.
- Responsible to understand all customer tooling guidelines.
- Need to understand casting and machining process and tools used.
- Objective is to have all records prepared in conjunction with customer tooling guidelines and to invoice as close to PPAP date as possible.
- Conduct project meetings in order to facilitate completion of tooling records.
- Maintain corporate tooling database (on site and off site at suppliers).
- Assist Treasury Department with cash flow based on tooling receipts.
- Develop and provide reporting for invoicing of tooling to upper management.
- Global travel is not expected, however, plants, suppliers of tools and customers have a global aspect.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to work effectiely with others
- Demonstrated high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills
- Strong self-starting initiative and innovative attitude
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Priority Setting, judgment and decision making
- Project management
- Process management
- Ability to collaborate with others
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Industrial Engineering or related field required
- MBA preferred
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience tooling analysis
- Proficient in in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Multi-lingual capabilities a plus (Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese or French)
- Prior automotive experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Stress Management
- Proactive / Initiative
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Logical / Analytical
Normal office environment with no undue exposure to noise, odors, dust, drafts, etc. The job also occasionally works in plant conditions with frequent exposure (20%-50%) to noise, odors, dust, drafts, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, hazardous substances, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified