Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
Serves as a technical specialist, independently evaluating, selecting and applying advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes to provide product recommendations within an area of expertise. Recommends design direction primarily in the improvement of existing products, processes and analytical tools.
• Follow-up on molded seat and other tooling components from engineering drawings, CAD/CAM data, die models, foundry patters, castings, mold components and assembly of molds.
• Follow-up molded seat cut and sew mold programs from engineering drawings, die models, foundry patterns, castings, mold components and assembly of molds.
• Consult with product engineering relative to the design, drafting, and experimental construction of product components.
• Coordinate and maintain communication with supplier design and manufacturing technicians to ensure that design is completed in a manner acceptable to MISE standards.
• Coordinate with suppliers on timing requirements of each design and follow-up to ensure tooling is completed on time.
• Work with Purchasing and suppliers on cost reductions and improved quality on all designs.
• Consult with engineering areas regarding design specifications, manufacturing processes, legal, safety and government requirements.
• Participate in prototype, pilot and production part reviews. Determine with engineering, quality, and manufacturing whether the products conform to design intent and meet all quality specifications.
• Develop and maintain good working knowledge of supply base. Maintain timing control through supplier follow-up and visits to tool shops.
• Travel to Asia and North America as required.
• Authorities as detailed in Standard Operating Procedure 8000.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent engineering experience.
- 10 or more years of diversified engineering, tool make or tool design experience (additional experience is required if applicant does not have a Bachelor’s degree).
- Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills, viable concept development, and proficiency with statistical methods, i.e. APQP, DFSS. Must be able to use and improve math-based tools.
- Knowledge of government and OEM specifications in area of expertise.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, will require Global travel.