Summary: Generates quotes for all customer and services within the assigned scope of responsibility to achieve Company volume and profitability growth objectives. Builds strong relationships with customers. Supports customers with engineering support to bring products to production.
Safety is #1 at PTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Analyzes the customer company and prints to determine if the work fits Company and provides a quality product to that customer.
2. Gathers all information needed to determine price, including the process, material, and outside services. Prepares the calculations to determine the costs.
3. Communicates with the customer on the price and information needed about the quote. Follows up on quote to see if it is competitive with this project.
4. Consults with internal departments once we have products to produce. Communicates with the customer about the progress of their product.
5. Analyzes job history to determine new prices are available and checks on job performance.
6. Develops existing accounts to maximum sales potential, with the sales manager.
7. Develops quotations in accordance with the Company objectives and philosophies.
8. Establishes and maintains favorable work relationships with customers and prospects and develops a good image of, and customer confidence in, the Company as a favored vendor as part of overall sales strategy.
9. Uses Axapta software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
Experience and Skills Required:
1. Must have at least two years of recent BTD Manufacturing related tool and die and/or design experience and a total of six years in metal stamping, metal fabrication environment, which includes the following skills and abilities:
2. Must understand technology and Company products extremely well.
3. Must have developed good/key relationships with internal and external customers.
4. Must have demonstrated the ability to seek out and identify new opportunities within assigned accounts.
5. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
6. Must be capable of working with a high degree of personal discipline.
7. Must have potential CAD/computer skills a plus sales leadership qualities.
8. The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BTD - 16 months ago