****You will be required to purchase three uniforms at an estimated total price of $150-$265. The cost will vary depending on your size and the amount will be deducted from your paycheck in two installments. Safety boots required.***
Under limited supervision, performs inspection duties and assists other tooling inspectors in general and technical aspects of Quality Control in a specified area of tooling inspection.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Prepares inspection documentation and maintains files as required. Ensures current engineering revisions are incorporated per established procedures.
2) Performs periodic inspections to ensure compliance per FAA requirements and approved quality procedures.
3) Creates Model Base inspection processes using CATIA model based tool designs that can be used for both fabrication and rework of tools by the tool shop personnel.
4) Analyzes data using Metrologic inspection software and create electronic quality folders in SmarTeam to store inspection data for all model based tooling.
5) Promotes and maintains quality standards and processes.
6) Works with tooling suppliers to ensure the inspection data is correct and in the proper format on all in coming tools.
7) Makes recommendations to Tooling Management on continuous improvements in the tooling inspection area.
8) Ensures proper use and storage of area tools, equipment and supplies. Advises management of any associated problems or other requirements.
1) Assists other inspectors as required.
2) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Ability to import and export inspection data in many different formats (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.).
2) Model Base systems (Cadam, Catia V4, Catia V5) experience preferred.
3) Must be proficient in use of inspection tools and equipment.
4) Must be proficient in use of conventional optical measurement equipment.
5) Must be competent with theodolite and laser tracker systems.
6) Ability to recognize potential problems with drawings and elevate to management.
7) Must be competent with coordinate measurement machines (CMM).
8) Must be competent with electronic tool record keeping system.
9) Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds & pass the vision test as required by area job responsibilities.
10) Must have good communication skills.
Candidates must have a tooling back ground. Must understand jig and fixture, surface table inspection, CMM operation.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Must be proficient in blueprint reading/interpretation, shop math, and quality control manual as required.Eight (8) years technically related experience to include at least six (6) years related inspection experience.
CTS International - 11 months ago