Help build and grow the internal tools that empowers the engineering teams for the world's largest petition platform.
You'll be responsible for designing and building solutions for both our engineering and other business teams across a global company. You will remove obstacles that prevent great things from happening by building the developer infrastructure, including on-demand dev environments, continuous deployment, improved testing, monitoring and system configuration.
Change.org is the world's largest petition platform, empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see. A certified B corporation, Change.org is the world’s fastest growing online platform for social change, with more than 30 million Change.org users in 196 countries.
Every day people use our tools to transform their communities – locally, nationally and globally. Whether it's a mother fighting bullying in her daughter's school, customers pressing banks to drop unfair fees, or citizens holding corrupt officials to account, thousands of campaigns have won on Change.org – and more are winning every week.
to be part of a small, close-knit team
to work for a company that is truly making the world better
to build and scale our core services used Globally
- built cool services/tools peers used and wonder how they ever worked without it
- sound understanding of Linux, process management, networking and network protocols
- familiarity working with data (MySQL, Redis, MongoDB)
working knowledge of graphite, collected, logster, and StatsD
- knowledge of Chef or similar configuration management tools
- properly size-up a situation to understand the potential risk versus gain
- put in place tools to ensure the reliability, availability and serviceability of a service
- identify and analyze issues across the entire stack
learn new skills quickly as the need arises
- create tools that turn abstract ideas into something visual
teach, learn, and document
- automated testing
- continuous deployment
San Francisco, CA, US
Omidyar Networks - 6 months ago