About Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including "Toy Story," "Monsters, Inc.," "Cars," "The Incredibles," "Ratatouille," "WALL•E," "Up," "Toy Story 3" and "Brave," the Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its films have grossed more than $7.7 billion at the worldwide box office to date. "Monsters University," Pixar’s fourteenth feature, will open in theaters in the United States on June 21, 2013.
Job Summary :
Leads assembly and fine tuning of the component parts of funny short form “toons.” Includes dialogue, music, and sound effects editing to convey the humor of the story – and the director’s vision – through performance selection, gag timing and overall pacing.
- Attend story pitches with the director to both contribute to and gain the director’s vision for each scene, looking for opportunities to heighten the humor
- Using storyboards and script for initial guidance, cut storyboards together with dialogue, sound effects and music, to create or update the story reel
- Work with the director and the Layout Department to determine how to translate storyboards into layouts and subsequent animation
- Add new and updated dialogue, music, and sound effects to establish timing and continuity of each short
- Add new and updated animation and lighting as they become available to replace storyboards
- Review sequences with the director, and update the story reel to reflect decisions from each review
- Provide continuing oversight of the Editorial Department to ensure alignment of work with the director’s vision. Contribute insights to influence story and vision
- Contribute to performance reviews and give personnel feedback for the assistant editors
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Animation or Pre-visualization Editing preferred
- Five to seven years of experience as a professional editor
- Experience in the creative and technical aspects of film editorial work through apprentice and assistant editor positions in feature films or television
- Must know the process of creating films from start to finish, through post-production
- Must have accumulated storytelling skills in conjunction with a solid aesthetic sensibility, good pacing, and judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
Pixar - 17 months ago
Pixar Animation Studios keeps computer-generating hits. The company has produced about a dozen full-length animated movies, including the...