Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Superintendent and/or Foreman.
Maintain and enforce all Company and OSHA safety practices, perform daily job-site safety inspections on equipment prior to operation.
Education and/or Experience:
- Read plans, site plans and tower drawings.
- Perform tower construction activities including assembling/erecting towers, installing antennas, mounting hardware, installing coax and connectors, grounding, testing, positioning, and optimizing antennas and lines.
- Install, connect and test underground and above ground grounding systems.
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing, and mobilizing staff, materials to meet schedule.
- Ensure Foreman is informed of construction progress, concerns, and deviations from plans or established schedule.
- Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project.
- Identify construction "punch list" of items to be remedied and ensure they are completed prior to customer's inspection.
- Work with Superintendents and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Able to read blueprints, details and specifications.
- Two plus years tower construction/climbing experience required, preferably telecommunications.
- Cad-weld or other thermo-weld training helpful.
- Anritsu, PIM, and/or OSHA certified a plus.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate test equipment a plus (i.e. RF sweep gear, PIM and Fiber Testing).
- Knowledge of standard knots, Pass N.A.T.E. Tower Climbers Exam
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Driver's License - strongly preferred/may be required depending upon the location in which the position is required to work.
- May be required to obtain a DOT Medical Card.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Standing 90% of the day.
- Ability to stoop and bend.
- Ability to reach and stretch.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
- Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background and DMV check and drug screen.
Xerex, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard