The Total Quality Control Technical Support Specialist i s the Support Centers primary resource for investigation and resolution of application software problems that may include Total QC, SoftLab, SoftMic, Common Products, Security and other products or features related to the Total QC Technical Support Center. Responsible for timely updates and resolution along with escalation of application software problems as applicable. This position will be responsible for providing customer service support for our clients when they encounter questions or problems with SoftTotalQC.
SoftTotalQC is a multi-module product developed to facilitate and analyze quality control efforts in the clinical laboratory setting. SoftTotalQC satisfies the quality control requirements of SoftLab ® , SoftMic ® , SoftRad ® , SoftRx ® , and SoftBank ® and is compatible with non-SCC laboratory information systems. SoftTotalQC, assuring quality through total quality control management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigning an appropriate level of criticality to all support calls and tasks received
- Performing troubleshooting activities to identify the cause of a reported problem
- Documenting all actions taken during the problem resolution process
- Developing solutions to reported problems
- Searching on-line manuals and helpdesk for resolution to reported problems
- Collaborating with other support team members and SCC staff as directed to deliver timely and satisfactory resolutions to reported problems
- Providing timely follow-ups (status updates) to clients during the problem resolution process
- Escalating unresolved client issues to Tier 3 Support
- Maintaining technical skills up to date with changes in technology
- Actively sharing discovered solutions to reported problems with other team members, departmental trainer and with SCC Knowledgebase Administrator
- Identifying commonly reoccurring problems relating to hardware and software with notification to Support Center Supervisor
- Participating in the training of new team members as directed by Support Center Supervisor
- Participates in corporate client service and technical training programs as assigned
- May attend BU, PCC Meetings and client conference calls for TQC module
- Properly timesheets against appropriate SCC tasks
- Properly uses time clock as required to track working hours
- Reviews assigned workload to assesses potential delays in the delivery of solutions
- Updates Voice Mail messages when absent from work
- Responds to voice messages in a timely manner
- Provides meaningful recommendations for improving team productivity and the overall effectiveness of the support effort
- Complies with all approved procedures, directives and guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
Any degree and/or certification in a Healthcare related field (Biology, Microbiology, Medical Technolocy, Chemistry, Hematology or Immunohematology) or Computer Science or a Two Year accredited Medical Technicians program or other national certifying organizations. Must have at least an Associate's Degree.
Previous experience in the usage, file building, and trouble shooting of a laboratory information system (LIS) pertaining to main Laboratory or Microbiology applications (preferably SCC systems). Previous experience in a service related field, clinical laboratory, or related computer position desired. Knowledge and prior use of Quality Control techniques in the clinical laboratory environment and LIS system is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of a PC
- Proficient in the use GUI applications such as Windows and MS Office
- Training in Computer Science or programming desirable
- Training as a Laboratory or Information Technology professional
- Knowledge and prior use of Quality Control techniques in the clinical laboratory environment and LIS system is preferred
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under stress
- Good keyboard/typing abilities
- Excellent teaching and presentation skills
SCC Soft Computer offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short term disability, flexible spending plans, 401(k), vacation, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, a subsidized lunch program and much more!
SCC Soft Computer has been a leading laboratory information systems (LIS) vendor since 1979. Over the years, the Company has earned an...