Position Title : Tower Operations Manager
Responsible for managing the efficient maintenance and operation on all tower structures in an assigned area in accordance with Crown Castle’s operations policies, standards and procedures as well as federal, state and local guidelines. Responsible for the effective management of a team of field operations technicians to ensure the swift resolution of site and network trouble tickets and the routine maintenance and inspection of structures and networks. Ensure compliance with all Service Level Agreements. Must also be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure structural integrity and regulatory compliance for all assigned assets.
- Manage the efficient repair, maintenance, inspection, security and operation of all tower structures and networks in the assigned area. Ensure proper visibility and escalation of all major service interruptions or hazards which present safety or structural integrity issues.
- Performance management of a large team including hiring, coaching, performance reviews, terminations, rewards determination, training/development and scheduling.
- Manage the timely resolution of trouble tickets, including the dispatch of technicians to diagnose and resolve issues and act as an operational acceptance point of contact for new equipment installs on new sites.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with landowners.
- Manage budget to ensure that tower maintenance and repair, utility and interconnect objectives are met.
- Manage the Repair and Maintenance forecast; participate in operational reporting and analysis activities; provide forecast to finance team.
- Prepare, review and provide weekly updates for all activities at assigned tower sites to team and provide status reports to Area Director, Operations, as requested.
- Ensure proper preparation for and lead resolution of all disasters, incidents and major service interruptions in assigned area directed by Area Director.
- Ensure compliance of the team with Crown Castle’s safety program.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in related project management field
- Experience in carrier operations, RF, construction, civil engineering, and/or property management
- Previous experience managing a team
- Expert knowledge of electronic communications technology and maintenance test equipment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Skill in operating a personal computer
- Ability to diagnose work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Ability to effectively communicate with subordinates and management
Reports to: Area Director, Operations
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): Field Operations Technician, Maintenance Process Supervisor, Project Coordinator
Working Conditions: Works in both a normal office setting and at tower sites. May travel to tower/construction site with exposure to heavy equipment. Physical demands may include lifting, stooping and climbing ladders.
Crown Castle USA - 12 months ago
Crown Castle International rules over a kingdom of radio towers. Through subsidiaries it provides broadcast, data, and wireless...