GLOBALFOUNDRIES entered the foundry industry in early 2009 with a simple but ambitious goal to become the world's first truly global foundry. In a short span of time, we have achieved this milestone with manufacturing operations spanning three continents for flexible and secure supply. Furthermore, we are charting a bold new course to completely reshape the landscape of the foundry industry through a collaborative approach to both technology development and customer engagement.
Our manufacturing centers in Germany, the United States and Singapore deliver advanced technologies to market in high volume and mature yield faster than any other foundry in the world, and offer an outstanding legacy of foundry operational and customer service excellence. Our global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near the major hubs of semiconductor activity in the US, Europe and Asia.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated technicians to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. These positions will be required to sustain and run the factory floor with primary responsibility for Site Toxic Gas Monitoring System. The Security and Life Safety Technician position is primarily afternoon/night shift position with extended hours, including nights and weekends
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· The operations and maintenance of site-wide Toxic Gas Monitoring System.
· Supporting the maintenance and continuous updates of the Toxic Gas Monitoring System Matrix.
· Participating in EHS regulatory reviews and program implementations.
· Participates in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures surrounding the Toxic Gas Monitoring System.
· Perform informal technical support and on the job training on specific tasks to train new team members and resident contractors on the Toxic Gas Monitoring System when applicable.
· Ensure the site Toxic Gas Monitoring System at GLOBALFOUNDRIES is in compliances with all state and federal laws and regulations.
· Responsible for the documentation of site Toxic Gas alarm and response procedures.
· Perform tasks associated with EHS & S compliance as necessary including, but not limited to regulatory review, training (delivery and presentation), audits, incident investigations & analysis
· Participate in program design of Toxic Gas monitoring system
· Perform all other duties as required
· Minimum of three years experience with installation and maintenance of a toxic gas monitoring system.
· Detailed knowledge and work experience with OSHA, EPA, NFPA and NYS regulations surrounding life safety systems.
· Ability to operate SCADA system and programs to ensure the operation of the Toxic Gas Monitoring System
· Willingness and ability to work perform shift work, including nights and weekends
· Willingness to work independently and with a highly motivated team on related projects or assignments.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities.
· Ability to review & analyze accuracy of Life Safety system designs in AutoCAD and PDF
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Able to lift, pull, and/or carry a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift
· Able to perform activities that include climbing vertical ladders, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and crawling, working in confined spaced
· Fluent in English Language – written & verbal
· Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor protocol/requirements and able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment
· Ability to follow procedures and ensure the operation of the sites Toxic Gas Monitoring System
· Willingness to participate in the Emergency Response Team
· Two year technical associates degree in Science, Math, and Engineering, Semi-conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline/equivalent military training/experience.
· Experience with Honeywell Analytics Toxic Gas Detection Systems and related software.
· Experience with RKI Gas Detection Systems and other single point of use detection systems
· Experience with Fire Alarm and Access Control Systems
· Familiarity with reading and editing AutoCAD drawings
· Field service of Equipment or process maintenance in semi-conductor manufacturing.
· Basic electrical and alarm monitoring systems experience.