Exciting consumers around the world with innovative footwear and apparel that bring style to purpose.
Track ‘n Trail has been a part of Wolverine Worldwide, Inc. since 2001. From our cut-above customer service to our selection of the finest brands. Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast or a business professional, your desire for a little more adventure in life makes you right at home at Track ‘n Trail.
You’ll find well-known brands such as Merrell®, Sebago® and Cushe®. You’ll discover footwear for hiking, trail running, work and weekends. Whatever the adventure, Track ‘n Trail has the footwear to take you through it.
Wolverine Worldwide is a global manufacturer and marketer of work, outdoor, sport and casual footwear for the entire family. We are looking for motivated individuals who share our love for footwear and apparel that will promote healthy living and a love of the outdoors.
The Store Manager will oversee the daily operation of the retail store, including monitoring adherence to company policy, supervision of store staff and accountability for company assets.
- Directs store operations to achieve sales and expense goals.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and schedules store employees.
- Directs cash and inventory procedures, including daily cash reconciliation, receiving and ticketing merchandise, price changes, proper accounting and reporting as required.
- Manages customer complaints in accordance with company policy.
- Prepares various required reports concerning store’s operation.
- Maintains adequate stock; performs inventory control activities to keep stock records accurate.
- Coordinates store presentation and maintenance.
- Greets and assists customers in the selection of merchandise.
- Develops positive community relations in the local business distribute consistent with company policies and goals.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by supervisor.
- High School graduate or equivalent job experience required.
- 2+ years prior retail supervisory experience.
- Proven communication, organization, customer service and motivational skills.
- General knowledge of retail computer systems.