ServiceSource is a leading nonprofit disability resource organization with regional offices and programs located in eight states and the District of Columbia. We serve more than 14,000 individuals with disabilities annually through a range of innovative and valued employment, training, habilitation, housing and other support services. In addition to our support services, ServiceSource directly employs more than 1,500 individuals on successful government and commercial affirmative employment contracts. We invite you to be a part of our successful mission by applying for this position.
This position will maintain grounds at Ft. Bragg, NC. The job tasks include grass trimming, tractor mowing, policing grounds, and minor equipment maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cut all grass around trees, shrubs, plainting beds, buildings, parking lots, signs, and other obstacles within mowing areas. Trim grass, weeds, light brush and vegetation normally cut with a tractor and/or rotary type mowing equipment and hand tools such as weed-eaters.
- Police grounds to include collection and disposal of paper, bottles, cans, cardboard, plastic, rags, tree limbs, and other debris on grounds and assigned areas.
- Mow all assigned areas to meet established heights as defined in the contract. Trim all assigned shrubs to the established height as defined in the contract. Ensure to use care and skill when mowing the burns.
- All grass areas and shrubs are to be trimmed to a uniformed height and give a neat and even appearance. Equipment such as bleachers shall be removed to maintain the area in a neat and orderly manner. Fence lines, ramps, and other obstacles shall be trimmed and maintained in a neat and unifrom manner. Ditch lines shall be maintained each time the surrounding area is assigned.
- Responsibility for security of assigned equipment ensuring that it is not damaged, stolen or misplaced.
One year experience with proven skills in tractor operation and other grounds maintenance equipment.
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Requires routine operation of motor-vehicle as an essential job function, therefore must have a valid NC operator's license with a clean driving record. Annual driver's record screening/reviews are performed.
Must be able to pass a background and drug screening. Must be able to gain and maintain access to military installation (Fort Bragg, NC).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ServiceSource is a leading nonprofit disability resource organization with regional offices and programs located in eight states and the...