The Truck/Tractor-Trailer Driver ensures that all logistics needs are met for mobilization and demobilization units at Joint Base Lewis McChord. This position operates a variety of heavy military and civilian vehicles. This position drives semi-tractor trailers, heavy troop transports, box trucks, and passenger buses. The Truck/Tractor-Trailer Driver drives a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), to transport and deliver goods, personnel or materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form. The incumbent will be required to load and unload trucks
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Driving a truck to transport materials, merchandise, equipment, or workers between various types of establishments.
- This driver may also load or unload truck with or without assistance.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks and services to prevent mission failures.
- Makes minor mechanical repairs, and keeps truck in good working order.
- Ensures missions are completed in a timely manner.
- Driver is responsible for ensuring that loads are secure.
- Work rail operations and baggage missions
- Cleanliness of trucks and area must be kept up at all times
- May drive high capacity busses when required. Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- High School Diploma.
- Two years of “over -the- road” Truck Driving/Tractor Driving experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, no more than two speeding tickets in the last year.
- Must have a Class A CDL with HAZMAT Endorsement
- Additional Public Passenger Endorsement (P1) preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain a National Agency Background Check.
- Knowledge of transportation, loading procedures.
- Must be able to lift or pull 50 lbs.
- Be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Must have an active Medical DOT Physical Card.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment to include but not limited to (safety shoes, hard hat, hearing protection and safety glasses, and reflective vests).
- Must be available to work 24/7 in any and all weather conditions.