Applicants must possess or obtain, prior to employment, a valid North Dakota Secondary Trade, Industry, Technical and Health Education Teaching License.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and four years of experience in Trade, Industry, Technical and Health (TITH) Education, educational administration, educational program development or related instructional experience in industry. Preference will be given to someone having experience in career and technical education and secondary TITH teaching experience. Must be able to demonstrate an ability to plan and to work with others. Candidate must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work with a wide range of constituents including instructors, administrators, industry, and the public.
A valid driver’s license is required with the ability to travel from one location to another, both within and outside the state on their own. Must have the ability to operate a computer using Microsoft Office. Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds is also required.
Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment Form (SFN 10950) along with a resume, a copy of college transcripts, three (3) current letters of recommendation, and cover letter with a written summary that clearly explains how the applicant’s work experience is related to the description of duties and responsibilities, minimum qualifications and level of work experience for the position to: Brenda Schuler, Department of Career and Technical Education, 600 E Boulevard Ave., 15th Floor, Bismarck ND 58505-0610.
The application form, SFN 10950 , is available at any Job Service office, the Department of Career and Technical Education office or http://www.nd.gov/hrms .
For More Information Contact:
Brenda Schuler, Administrative Officer
ND Department of Career & Technical Education
600 E Boulevard Ave., 15th Floor
Bismarck ND 58505-0610
Persons needing accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process should contact Brenda Schuler at 701-328-3181.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
The Department of Career and Technical Education is seeking a positive, enthusiastic individual to serve as the assistant supervisor for the trade, technical and health education service area.
Start date – Negotiable
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to the trade, technical and health education instructors in secondary and postsecondary schools throughout the state.
- Provide leadership in new trends and innovations in the trade, technical and health education areas and work with other agencies and the public to promote career and technical education.
- Assist in the promotion and development of TITH programs.
- Visit schools/institutions to evaluate TITH programs, provide technical assistance and work with new and existing instructors to ensure quality programs.
- Assist curriculum development, evaluation of existing TITH curriculum and assist in planning and conducting of professional development conferences and workshops.
- Work with business and industry to align CTE programming with industry standards. Work with teacher preparation programs to develop and facilitate professional growth activities for TITH teachers.
- Provide leadership in the organization, development, and operation of SkillsUSA.
- Work with the TITH teacher certification process including interpreting course and work experience, setting programs of study, process renewal requests, and work with other agencies involved with teacher preparation and licensing.
- Work with and approve short term training activities at local schools.
- Work with local school consortiums; approve equipment requests and annual plans.
This position entails a considerable amount of in-state travel and some out of the state.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 12 months ago