Responsible for the management of contracts, rebate programs and payment exceptions. These responsibilities include coordination between sales, finance and marketing, contract review, program analysis and reporting.
- Enforce and maintain system Contracts - Communicate with sales, marketing and finance on the implications, risks, and exposures on changes to the program. Resolve differences in interpretations and update contracts as needed. Work with customer to correct their records and get repayments.
- Manage payment exceptions - Compare customer rebate submission against contract for accuracy and compliance with program. Manage payment exceptions timely and accurately.
- Perform program analysis and provide recommendations on contract changes.
- Provide sales reporting on all contracted business - work with sales, marketing, IS and finance to develop reports. Provide monthly tracking of sales and program effectiveness.
- Provide recommendations on system enhancements.
- Manage payment exceptions - Analyze customer request and pending claim reasons to determine the reason for the differences between what the customer requested and contract validated. Work with customer, sales & finance to resolve and correct.
- Must be able to understand complex customer group memberships and the business rules to determine customer eligibility and payment justification. Must be able to communicate with the customer and sales on why the payment request has been denied and to ensure that the customer makes the required changes. Example One Healthcare Operator facility may belong to many GPO's. In addition to belonging to many GPO's this one facility may also have a membership with a FSM company and there could be local bid rebates that they could be claiming against. The business rule is that a facility is only entitled to rebate payments against one contract. It is the responsibility of the trade analyst to apply business rules and work with the Trade Team Leader and sales, if needed, to determine which of one of these contracts is valid and to ensure that the system reflects these decisions.
- Analyze and provide recommendations and direction to the organization on the development of contracts. These recommendations are based on understanding how the customer may interpret the wording and attachments to the contract as well as knowledge on the system ability to execute the contract. Examples 1) The contract may only offer a rate per case allowance, but if a price list is an attachment to the contract you are essentially committing that the pricing on that attachment is guaranteed to the customer. So you are really giving the customer the rate per case allowance plus the difference between the purchase bracket and the full truck bracket. 2) If the contract states that the customer is guaranteed "full truck pricing" that the system will analyze the distributor purchases to determine a buying pattern (bracket pricing) by product. This could result in slight differences in the amount the system is calculating vs. the customer calculation.
- Must have the ability to recognize issues which have the potential to be an exposure to the company.
- No contract - work with sales, customer, finance & marketing to determine if request is valid. If valid - review standard procedures on contract submission with internal teams and review, interpret and establish contract in contract management system (CPRO). If not valid - work with sales, finance and customer to correct the customers records and to get repayment of unauthorized deduction.
- Analyze and communicate effects of proposed contract changes.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum of 0-2 years relevant experience.
- This position must possess the ability to analyze the process and programs, and make recommendations and ensure changes are executed.
- Must have the ability to recognize potential exposures for the company.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Must use knowledge of the organization and support systems to determine validity, effectiveness and exposures associated with the proposed program.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels and disciplines in the Foodservice organization.
- Must possess strong organizational and problem solving skills and have the ability to prioritize and work independently
- Experience with CPRO (web-based trade management tool) and envision is a plus.
- Working Conditions Normal office environment.
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Campbell Soup Company - 2 years ago
Campbell Soup Company is a growing global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three core...