This position has responsibility in various Trade Compliance activities, for providing administrative support to the department, including collecting, organizing, creating and maintaining import, export, and supply chain security files in accordance with Meggitt Aircraft Braking Systems Akron (MABS) processes and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining Trade Compliance Recordkeeping at the manufacturing sites in keeping with SBU/Site requirements and consistent with Meggitt Group programs
- Assist TCA/TCO for table maintenance and document clearance in SAP & GTS for import and export control.
- Assist in ensuring that all applicable products are classified (USML, ECCN, HTS/Sched B, CoO etc) for export and import in accordance with regulations of The US Department of State, US Department of Commerce, U.S. Customs and Border Protection and US Department of Census directed by TCO & or DTC.
- Utilize Group web-based tools for the site Trade Compliance activities, as appropriate (MUSA export Compliance, MABS Zone, Governmental websites etc)
- For transactions that are referred to the Trade Compliance Analyst assist in releasing export compliance-related holds in GTS on shipments after all Trade Compliance requirements are satisfied as directed by TCO & or DTC.
- Adhering to Meggitt Group and MABS process to ensure export transaction screening (i.e. national, supra-national and international restricted or denied party lists) and foreign and domestic visitors screening and restriction assignments.
- Assist in internal and external audits as directed by the TCO or DTC
- Support SBU TCO & DTC in various business initiatives such as product transfer, development of licenses or agreements, agreement maintenance.
- Assist TCA/TCO in performing end use and end user screening.
- Ensuring access to current regulatory and compliance information for all site employees with export and import process involvement including maintaining the current information on the Zone or other inter company websites a required by the DTC & or TCO
- Participate as directed by TCO or SBU DTC in various SBU initiatives
- Other activities as assigned by the TCO or DTC.
- MS Office suite skills to include excellent Excel data management skills, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Good organizational skills, detail-oriented and proactive in management of projects and tasks.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and minimal day-to-day supervision
- High School Diploma
- Years of experience: Minimum of one (1) years. The one (1) years minimum experience is for an external candidate. Internal candidates may have 0 years’ experience.
- Candidates with an Associate’s Degree in Business or a related field, International Trade Compliance experience, and/or previous customer service or customs software experience are preferred.
Meggitt - 20 months ago