National Instruments has an immediate opening for a Trade Compliance Corporate Development Manager to lead due diligence and integration of acquisition companies, develop and implement targeted on-line trade compliance training programs for Sales, Services, Engineering employees and distribution and supply chain partners worldwide. The successful candidate must have demonstrated the ability to manage projects and program execution of medium to large scale with cross-functional and cross-regional scope, to drive initiatives providing the relevant timelines, resource needs, and scope required to meet the business goals. The position requires the ability to understand technical and regulatory concepts as well as communicate those concepts and to look for and provide operational efficiencies. Relevant experience in the trade compliance field is required. Travel is required to support Global Trade Compliance activities.
• Perform trade compliance due diligence for all potential acquisition companies and subsidiaries on a worldwide basis.
• Develop and implement trade compliance integration plan for acquisition companies and subsidiaries on a worldwide basis, for short-term (0-3 months post-acquisition), medium-term (3-12 months post-acquisition), and long-term (1-3 years) to ensure that acquisition companies and subsidiaries on a world-wide basis comply with all import and export regulations applicable to product development, production and distribution of products.
• Provide management oversight of relevant trade compliance operations for acquisition companies and subsidiaries.
• Liaison between NI trade compliance and acquisition company personnel.
• Participate on NI internal acquisition integration and cross-functional teams.
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk through audits and periodic reviews as well as other risk evaluation techniques to monitor compliance, identify problem areas, initiate root cause analysis, develop and implement corrective action plans and procedures for resolution of these issues of acquisitions.
• Develop on-line export training modules for NI and acquisition employees and for distribution and supply chain partners to ensure awareness of export compliance regulations and processes.
Please Note: National Instruments will NOT petition for H1-B visa status for this position.
• Prefer 1-2 years of experience in a high-tech or electronics manufacturing company
• Bachelor’s Degree Required (Preferred Major: Law, International Trade, Business, Economics or Engineering)
• Strong individual contributor with the ability to oversee remote trade compliance operations
• Ability to manage projects and program execution of medium to large scale with cross-functional and cross-regional scope, to drive initiatives providing the relevant timelines, resource needs, and scope required to meet the business goals
• Relevant trade compliance experience in industry or professional service firm
• Ability to detect gaps and implement the needed solutions
• Proven ability to make sound decisions
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a team environment
• Initiative to undertake additional responsibilities
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Business Applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.); ERP applications; PLM applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prefer experience in Supply Chain or Logistics
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 37 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,300 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 13 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...