Strong Internal Candidate Identified
This position provides support and acts as a resource to AWTP and AFE shipping locations in the areas of importing and exporting all goods, services, and technologies. Internal contacts include all departments and/or personnel that have any contact with the import/export process. External contacts include forwarders and brokers.
Under the direction of the Trade Compliance Manager, the Trade Compliance Lead is accountable for the following:
- Primary contact for resource information to Alcoa, Alcoa Wheel & Transportation Products (AWTP), and Alcoa Forging & Extrusions (AFE) shipping locations in the area of import/export transactions, paperwork, and procedures.
- Represent Alcoa, AWTP, and AFE in dealings with customers, suppliers, and governmental agencies, personnel from other Business Units and Resource Units, and other plants.
- Participate in the development and continuous improvements of policies and procedures that support the Trade Compliance Program for ensuring compliance with governmental, regulatory agency, and corporate policies. Examples include, but are not limited to: Census, OFAC, DOT, US Customs, US Commerce Department, and US State Department.
- Coordinate the implementation of the ongoing Trade Compliance training program on import/export awareness for Plant and Division personnel, focusing on non-product issues and regulations around common commodities including, but not limited to ITAR, EAR, and Routed Export transactions.
- Participates in periodic formal assessments of the Plant and Division activities to ensure that policies and procedures are properly followed and that all activities and transactions are in compliance with the appropriate import/export laws.
- Responsible for audit and verification of import and export paperwork.
- Assist in administration of NAFTA, Reconciliation, GSP, Duty Draw Back, and Chapter 98 provisions.
- Determine HTS/ECCN/USM classifications and document for products, technical data, and fixed assets.
ALCOA - 18 months ago
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...