Trade Compliance Officer in Calexico,
***This position will be based at our Mexicali site in Mexicali, Mexico.***
Candidate must be proficient in the Spanish language.
- Bachelor degree in Business or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- MBA/MS or other advanced degree preferred.Three (3) years experience in Manufacturing or Product Support operations.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in import and/or export activities related to systems, parts or technical data.
Provide comprehensive trade compliance program support to assigned facility/function Subject Matter Experts, management and leadership to enable unimpeded operations through effective execution of all relevant trade compliance regulations, policies, procedures, and work methods. Responsible to develop and maintain open communication between functional Subject Matter Experts (SME) and OTC to ensure compliant trade activity, provide oversight, guidance and support of all facility/functional trade compliance activity and manage the facility/functional trade compliance program within the scope of delegated responsibility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Manage, support, guide and provide issue resolution for all trade compliance requirements applicable to assigned facility/function operations, to include parts, aircraft, technical data and foreign persons, and establish, implement and monitor processes to support those requirements.
2) Motivate, develop and guide all facility/functional Subject Matter Experts, management staff and leadership to build support for compliant trade activity applicable to the facility/function operations, and ensure facility/function compliance with regulations, policy and procedure.
3) Provide sound on-site decision making for matters of trade compliance which fall within delegated responsibility.
4) Foster open communication and teamwork between facility SMEs and OTC.
5) Lead inter-departmental teams to conduct trade compliance activities within assigned facility/function.
6) Manage facility/function specific trade compliance projects within scope of responsibility.
7) Assist OTC with all facility/function trade compliance related investigations, audits, assessments and training.
8) Provide periodic reports to OTC on relevant facility/function trade activity.
9) Manage facility/function Foreign Person access program in coordination with Facility security.
10) Develop and maintain adequate recordkeeping systems for trade compliance activity within assigned facility/function
11) Actively manage resolution of all activity that deviates from established policy, procedure, or practice as necessary to ensure effective and consistent issue management.
1) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
2) Two (2) years management of matrix teams. Supervisory experience preferred.
3) Requires a working knowledge of Manufacturing, Engineering, Service and Support operations.
4) Requires a detailed understanding of Program/Project Management processes and procedures.
5) Ability to understand and employ Lean Six Sigma concepts and principles.
6) Ability to read and interpret complex trade regulations and make accurate operational decisions regarding those regulations.
7) Working knowledge of Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), North American Free Trade Act (NAFTA), and local Customs regulations.
8) Ability to effectively establish relationships with local Government Agencies, Organizational leadership and operational peers to facilitate activities critical to Program success.
9) Exceptional decision making and critical thinking skill required.
10) Must be extremely organized, detail oriented and able to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
11) Requires strong oral and written communication skills. Position regularly communicates with Gulfstream Leadership, Government Agencies and Customers (up to & including A/C owners) as well as functional department management & staff.
12) Position is a direct reporting employee of the Office of Trade Compliance, but may be embedded within the facility/function to which the position supports and as such will also report dotted line to facility General Manager, or functional Vice President.
13) Position may be responsible to manage geographically separated facilities with minimal trade activity.
Required Languages (in addition to English):