Certification Inspector in GAC Appleton
See Experience/Education Requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School graduate/GED. Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license preferred or must be able to obtain a Repairman Certificate. ASQC certification preferred. Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred.
Seven (7) years aircraft inspection experience to include three (3) years inspection experience on large or mid-size aircraft (or same type and complexity as Gulfstream aircraft).
In a team oriented environment, performs certification inspections in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft and/or component airworthiness. Physically inspects aircraft, components, and reviews related documentation to ensure workmanship meets acceptable standards of quality and that customer aircraft/components are returned to service in an airworthy condition with all required documentation properly completed and filed. As an ODA Inspection Authorized Representative (IAR) or FAA Designee, works as an integral part of the Quality Control/Assurance team assuring aircraft/components are in compliance to FAA/ODA requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs inspection and airworthiness inspection duties utilizing accepted/approved data (i.e. engineering drawings, orders, travelers, route cards, technical specifications, etc.) including QC/QA procedures, instructions, and other related documents. Conducts first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA and/or ODA approved procedures and ensures all associated records are properly completed.
2. Performs inspections and certifies aircraft/component as airworthy prior to delivery and Return to Service.
3. Issuance of FAA 8130-3 Forms in accordance with FAA/ODA requirements for authorized functions and activities to include conformity, prototype, export, etc. in addition to 14 CFR Part 43 Return to Service activities.
4. As an IAR, plans and performs certification inspections to type design requirements in support of aircraft/component certification.
5. Continually monitors repair station compliance to the requirements of 14 CFR Part 145 and the FAA accepted site Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals.
6. Develops and approves aircraft log book entries relating to aircraft configuration and installations.
7. Performs FAA aircraft/component certification activities as an IAR.
8. If appointed as an IAR, manages Product/Article certification activities.
9. Works with and provides technical support to inspection personnel in supporting the FAA and/or ODA documented requirements.
10. Supports the coordination of inspection workloads according to priorities, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
1. Works with, supports and instructs quality control inspection personnel in techniques of inspection functions and other related duties of the area.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Previous verifiable experience as a DAR/DMIR/ODAR/ODA-Unit Member in good-standing is highly preferred and may offset some or all of the experience requirements.
2. Competent in the use of all job related tools and equipment.
3. Proficient in blueprint/drawing reading, use/interpretation of Maintenance Manuals, CMP, ADTS, Travelers, Customer Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, test specifications and other manufacturing and/or inspection related documentation as required.
4. Must possess verifiable working knowledge and application of Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control systems and methodologies.
5. Must possess a verifiable working knowledge of the FAA Regulations, Orders, and other guidance pertinent to issuance of export airworthiness approvals & conformity determination as defined in FAA Order 8100.8D Appendix A (as revised) and 8100.15 (as revised).
6. For postings supporting IAR activities, previous experience as a DAR-F/T, DMIR, ODAR, ODA Unit Member, etc. in good standing preferred.
7. For postings supporting IAR activities, must be able to complete FAA/ODA initial/recurrent designee training within established time
(in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 228
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: None
Employment Type: Full-time