The Trade Compliance Project Manager is responsible for providing professional leadership, management, coordination and tactical execution of multiple projects and related activities in support of the company’s strategic plan and key initiatives related to global trade compliance. The projects and activities may be independent or related to one another. They often require high levels of integration across businesses, sites, countries and/or world regions. This position has global functional responsibilities to work with and support all business units within Emerson Process Management. The Project Manager will report to the Emerson Process Management International Trade Compliance Manager for Standards and Automation and will lead and/or support various trade compliance projects, activities and tactical execution pertaining to software installation enablement and other automation functionality, process mapping, documentation of standards and procedures, development and deployment of training, and other key initiative objectives. The position requires international and US domestic travel. Position located in Bloomington, MN.
1 . General – Lead, coordinate and/or support trade compliance projects and activities on a global basis, often across business units and world areas. Such projects most commonly involve: a) establishing and maintaining global ERP functions and standards for trade compliance; b) compliance software design, development and implementation; c) establishing, documenting and maintaining processes and procedures and leveraging system automation solutions to improve quality, consistency and efficiency; and d) developing, maintaining and delivering training materials.
2. Project Management – Use project management tools to develop project management methodologies and to manage projects. Develop, prioritize and manage projects, resolve conflicts, negotiate required trade-offs, prepare project execution plans, establish and lead project teams of representatives from the required businesses and functional areas, establish and maintain processes to meet the project plan and expectations over project lifecycles. Execute all aspects of project management (scope, readiness, prioritization, resourcing, coordination, action register, execution, etc.).
3. Global Software Implementations - Lead and/or support enablement and implementation of compliance software and automation solutions, including but not limited to: 1) data standards; 2) requirements gather-ing, analysis and management; 3) testing (scenarios, test case materials, testing results, issue logging and resolution); 4) training; and 5) coordination and tracking of business readiness and actions from impact analysis to go-live for application implementations.
4 . Oracle Global Data Management – Lead and/or execute initiatives and activities related to global manage-ment of trade compliance data in Oracle.
5 . Functional Standards and Solution Sets - Lead and/or support development of system standards and solu-tions sets.
6 . Communication - Develop and execute program/project communication plans. Accountable to effectively communicate project status to stakeholders. Assures proper communication among functional groups. Establish meeting forums to effectively communicate measures and status. Provide consistent and comprehensive status reports and project updates.
7 . Representative and participant in other Global Key Initiatives and corresponding teams, e.g. Procedures, Training, etc. Potential to serve lead or other active role on such teams.
8 . Leading and/or facilitating assigned Functional Team activities and discussions.
9. Travel as needed, including international
10 . Perform other strategic and tactical duties and responsibilities as required.
To apply for this job opening please click here.
- Eight (8) – Ten (10) years experience related to managing business projects and/or trade compliance.
- Project enablement and management, preferably on a global scale
Additional Company Information
- Trade compliance background/experience
- Software implementation
- Oracle or other ERP systems
- Process mapping and documentation of procedures
- Development and deployment of training materials
- Presenting and training; Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both verbal and written)
- Multi-tasking and juggling priorities
- Experience as an effective liaison between functions, especially between the business side and IT
- International experience
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish or Chinese
A career with Emerson Process Management provides an excellent benefits package which, based on location, may include the following benefits: medical, prescription drug and dental plans; 401k with company match; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; sick leave; short-term and long-term disability plans; employee assistance program; employee discounts; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Emerson - 11 months ago
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, proce...