Trade Support Specialist
Operations – North America
Equity Syndicate Operations provides direct, high-touch operational support to three lines of business:
Equity Capital Markets
Deal Origination (Issuance)
Equity Derivatives Group
Deal Origination (Issuance)
Special Equities Group
Company stock re-purchases
Convertible note buy backs
Equity Drawdown programs
Special situations, Medallion program, and restricted securities
Account Set ups
The primary function of the syndicate operations team involves the creation of, payment for, and distribution of new securities.
There is also an accounting or financial control function relating to deal economics within North America and LATAM regions.
Similarly, a solid understanding of the regulatory requirements for specific types of issuance and implications for investor certifications around suitabilty, IPO eligibility, and QIB attestations is required.
All team members need an in depth knowledge of the settlements process and how to work with external Corporate trust departments and transfer/paying agents of the securities we are servicing.
Main Products supported (there are more than on this list):
US Listed Equities (IPOs and Follow Ons)
ADRs and GDRs
Convertible Preferred Stock and Units
ETNs (EDG Product)
Certificates of Deposit (EDG Product)
JPMorgan Derivatives Issuances (REN, BREN, etc)
Each member of the team will have core responsibilities supporting a primary business line above but all team members are expected to be able to back up any team member across several functions.
Syndicate Operations Analyst/Professional:
The analyst role in Syndicate Operations is a high-touch, high volume, specialized discipline within the middle office.
The will face many different parts of the organization including the business, other middle office teams, and the back office; as well as client facing situations for the Special Equities business.
The analyst will provide support to all 3 business lines and will be exposed to varying functions and special situations.
Flexibility and attention to details are crucial within this space.
Some of the duties performed within this stripe are the following:
EDG Issuances and closings
Regulatory (TRACE set ups)
ECM deal execution functions
Company stock re-purchases (Security and Cash Settlement)
Convertible bond buy backs
Restricted securities and certificated securities (physical, non-electronic)
Equity Drawdown Program servicing
Administer Medallion Program
Many Ad hoc client requests
- tlement activities for U.S. securities – both internal and external.
- Excellent Communications Skills.
- Ability to work in a high stress, high control environment.
- build working relationships.
- Superior organizational skills and acute attention to details.
- Develop strong awareness and grasp of regulatory obligations in functional role context and willingness to question any non-standard requests or deal characteristics.
- Good discretionary instincts on when to escalate problems or potentially risky scenarios either to SynOps Senior Officers, MO Management, or to Legal/Compliance if required.
- Willingness to cross-train on other group roles and provide support during high volume or vacation periods as needed.
- Team Player with ability to multi-task in fact paced environment
US-NY-New York-383 Madison Avenue (BSC) / 41039
CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...