We have an immediate opening for a part-time
Trademark Formalities Clerk
. This position comes with benefits. The ideal candidate will process, track and report to clients the various notices from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and from foreign trademark offices. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned:
- Monitor docket of upcoming deadlines for trademark cases.
- Review trademark notices from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and foreign trademark offices.
- Draft letters to clients reporting trademark application filing and publication notices.
- Draft letters to clients reporting various other notices in regards to the trademark application filing process in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and foreign trademark offices.
- Prepare client reminder letters of upcoming deadlines, including trademark renewal requirements.
- Four year college degree or university program degree is preferred. Law firm experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in order to meet deadlines; ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common reports and legal documents.
- Outstanding attention to detail and creativity; flexibility and persistence; motivation and energy with the ability to work with little supervision and to collaborate with other members of the team.
- Ability to write memoranda, letters, reports, and draft common legal documents that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of individuals in the Firm, to clients and public groups.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software programs and applications.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills that engage others; ability to follow through and maintain effective relationships with attorneys, clients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Baker & Hostetler LLP - 17 months ago