As our Trademark Paralegal, you'll develop collaborative offensive and defensive trademark filing strategies encompassing global business and brand protection needs for our trademark portfolio of over 5,000 active files in over 190 countries. You'll file, prosecute and maintain U.S. trademark applications. You'll also collaborate with outside counsel and/or international associates to file and prosecute copyright and trademark applications worldwide. You'll review watch notices and collaborate with attorneys, business units, and others to determine appropriate courses of action in alignment with enforcement strategies. You'll prepare and conduct trademark education presentations and meetings with business units. You'll conduct trademark research using commercial trademark databases (Saegis/Dialog) and internet search engines to determine availability of product names/word marks. You'll also review research materials, assess risk factors and clearly communicate recommendations to business units. You'll review products, catalogs and marketing materials for proper intellectual property use. 305805
Qualifications Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal Certificate, two additional years of experience in lieu of degree level
- 6 years law firm experience as a trademark paralegal with solid prosecution, docketing and trademark clearance knowledge/skills.
- Additional in-house trademark experience is a plus
- In - house experience is a plus
- Fluency with the use of internet search engines, trademark search databases, portfolio management databases and MS suite
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage a high volume work load and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....