Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this role will be an integral part of the Midstream Marketing and Trading team. The ideal candidate will review and analyze trading and transportation activity on a daily basis to ensure trading compliance, to evaluate risk, and to conduct profit and loss analysis for reporting.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare and issue necessary reports and presentations
- Analyze and report accurate risk positions, basis changes, profit and loss results
- Analyze transportation alternatives
- Manage all business development software and excel models
- Work closely with and support all trading and business development activity
- Analyze supply and demand for specific regions
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Track small industrial sales transactions
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Business related major or Engineering
- 0 – 2 years experience in natural gas marketing
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self motivated with ability to quickly prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability and willingness to learn in an open fast paced environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions