The Trading Software Engineer in the Equity Trading Department is responsible for innovating and improving the quality of TCW’s trading process. The role will initially be responsible for learning the front and back end functionality of the Charles River Order Management (CRD) system, creating orders for portfolio managers and helping to streamline and automate the order creation process. Working under the close supervision of TCW’s Head of Equity Trading, this position will also design and implement trading algorithms and build custom trading software.
The role will entail quick understanding and mastering the CRD system and making recommendations on improving and automating workflows. The incumbent will be working on challenging problems encompassing a number of areas, including program & portfolio trading, portfolio construction, option’s valuation & trading, order management suites, and connectivity hubs for trading applications. The incumbent will need to quickly develop a robust grasp of TCW’s Execution Management System (EMS) by building and launching Java add-in programs. The focus will be on learning the trading processes and market structure nuances, and developing software to improve portfolio returns and the efficiency of the Trading Department.
Being a part of a trading team that has a cutting edge EMS platform, this position will have exposure to a broad set of systems and people, which will allow for faster career growth and mastery of trading and technical platforms.
- Master the Charles River Order Management (CRD) trading platform.
- Develop thorough understanding of the business rules of trading from the ground up.
- Build advanced applets that will run in concert with TCW’s Execution Management System (EMS).
- Work with trading personnel to automate various trading processes.
- Work with IT professionals to ensure that trading processes are compliant with TCW’s IT infrastructure and policies.
- Demonstrated experience with a high-level programming language (preferably Java).
- Familiarity of buy-side Order Management Systems (preferably Charles River).
- A passion for design, problem solving, and hands-on development.
- A quick learner that can gain thorough understanding of the software packages and to design and build applications efficiently, and on demand at times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to building a career in the financial services and trading industries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, systems and applications programming, and multithreading programming.
- Financial knowledge and project management experience.
The TCW Group, Inc. - 5 months ago