FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
The role of the Traffic Clerk is to safely and accurately coordinate the receiving and shipping activities of the warehouse, perform certain administrative duties as they pertain to the operation of the warehouse office. Insure smooth, timely and confidential flow of information and communication. Maintain key contact with all trucking companies and drivers, as well as high contact with warehouse operators. Will be responsible for tracking and maintaining accurate records of incoming and outgoing shipments. MS Office knowledge with emphasis on MS Excel and exceptional phone skills a must.
- Ensure lift operators complete all inbound and outbound paperwork correctly and process orders as assigned. Transfer handwritten notes to the original Bill of Lading (BOL) paperwork prior to releasing the driver (shortages, overages, damages, etc.)
- Prepare, monitor and process daily Inbound & Outbound shipments and communications
- Schedule carriers for load pick-up
- Complete paper on customer complaints and assists with customer complaint investigations
- Operate under and enforce established Dock Safety Policy
- Participate in inventory cycle counts, annual inventory physical counts, and inventory reconciliations
- Verify order number and destination of all loads with the drivers.
- Complete a dock trailer check periodically throughout the day to verify any drop trailers and update door log chart.
- Process and coordinate re-labels and return authorizations
- Evaluate Safety conditions for Contractors and Maintenance Personnel and fill out Safety Work Permit form and present to Warehouse Supervisor for signature
- Maintains Quality Inspection and File Safety Inspections logs
- Maintain the Scrap/Damage report and send to appropriate Controllers monthly
- Facilitate CTPAT inspections (exports)
- Other duties as assigned
High School graduate, G.E.D, or better
AA. degree in related discipline or area a plus
Minimum of 3 years prior experience in distribution/warehouse, administrative support, customer service, or related field
MS Office including Excel and Word
Exceptional phone and interpersonal skills a must
SAP experience a plus
You must have a SOLID work history -- no job hopping!
You must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
You will be required to provide professional references from previous supervisors/employers.
This position is in Mechanicsburg -- we prefer your commute to be under 30 minutes.
Must be able to perform with minimal supervision
Must be able to perform simple math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. Employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug free workplace. (US Only)
E may = mc 2, but FMC = chemicals. Once in areas as diverse as oil field equipment and food machinery, FMC Corporation now focuses on...