Leads, oversees, schedules, and participates in the installation and maintenance of traffic control indicators for the Public Works Department. Provides functional supervision to junior staff, oversees updates and maintenance of asset inventory and work order database in a mobile computer environment.
- Leads, plans, trains, and reviews the work of junior staff.
- Plans, directs, and participates in the activities of the Signs and Markings Crew, estimates time, materials, and equipment required requisitioning materials as required.
- Oversees updates and maintenance of asset inventory and work order database in a mobile computer environment.
- Supervises the determination and marking of locations for signs/posts in accordance with the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Supervises the fabrication, installation, maintenance and collection of a variety of signs, banners, and other related fixtures.
- Leads and participates in the installation and painting of crosswalks, medians, turn lanes, etc., according to drawings and specifications.
- Responds to complaints and concerns from city employees and/or citizens.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
Experience: 1 year increasingly responsible traffic maintenance experience, including street painting and/or sign installation required, 2 or more years preferred.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Must successfully pass a supplemental background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Certifications : IMSA (International Municipal Signs Association) Level II Signs and Markings certification, ATSSA (American Traffic Safety Services Association) Pavement Marking Specialist certification, ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor certification, or acquisition of certifications within first 12 months of employment, required.