Postal/Zip Code: 38113
APAC Tennessee, Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company, is an industry leader in high quality asphalt and concrete pavement construction, materials, and services. Located near downtown Memphis, APAC Tennessee services Eastern Arkansas, West Tennessee, and Northwest Mississippi with mobile concrete operations servicing the Southeastern United States. At APAC our employees are our most valuable resource and why we conduct business while placing Safety First…Always.
TRAFFIC CONTROL SUPERVISOR
o This includes proper set up of traffic cones, traffic signs and arrow boards to meet state, local and Company requirements.
- Supervise and evaluate work zone set up for consideration of and compliance with safety requirements, providing coaching and training.
- Review and, where required, override decisions related to work zone set ups.
- Authorize, where appropriate, waiver of work zone protocols.
- Convey the focus on SAFETY to employees and customers by providing training and development to an assigned group of employees who provide traffic control solutions to our customers.
- Maintain an up to date training data base that details pertinent certifications and their respective expirations for all flagging associates.
- Maintain an inspection database that includes the results of each crew inspection Company wide.
- Maintain current expertise in traffic control apparatus and techniques and all applicable safety requirements and protocols.
- Responsible for developing a superior understanding of AWP’s, American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA), your State Department of Transportation and local traffic control rules and regulations. You must become a Subject Matter Expert in Work Zone Setup and Design and Professional Flagging responsibilities and obtain ATTSA Certification.
- Perform duties autonomously at work sites without supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have current ATTSA Traffic Control Supervisor certification.
Minimum of 1 year prior experience managing people and processes.
Strong customer service mentality.
Strong leadership, communication and coaching skills.
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
Valid driver’s license and clear driving record required.
Expertise in Federal, State and Local safety regulations and procedures.
Expertise in developing, implementing and managing safety and programs.
First Aid and CPR training.
OSHA 501, 10 and 30 hours training certification. onstruction, Route, Fleet or Transportation Management experience.
What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
APAC Tennessee, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
APAC Tennessee, Inc is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 2000 locations and 39,000...