Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum 1 year in a fast paced / high volume shipping company or warehousing / distribution center. Familiar with shipping documents. (Packing lists / Bills of Lading etc...) Proficient with automated shipping document systems. Able to multi-task / work independently.
International shipping experience.
Hazardous Goods shipping experience.
Exposure to either Lean or Toyota manufacturing or Six Sigma.
1. Manage aftermarket parts shipments in dedicated trade lanes. Dedicated trade lanes to be defined/assigned by immediate supervisor. Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
Working cohesively with respective DRP representative
Monitoring all shipments destined to a specific customer, insuring timely processing, meeting defined shipping schedule
Identifying and trouble shooting any shipment orders that are linger outside the defined shipping schedule (no more than 7 days) or are past the on time delivery (OTD) defined ship date.
Manage and maintain a weekly status report of old or problem orders, which is to be submitted and reviewed weekly with immediate supervisor.
Receive and respond to all email inquires (email, phone, etc) relative to the assigned dedicated trade lanes.
2. Processing shipments through house operating system (Baan). Including, but not limited to; verification of shipping destinations and item quantities, process orders as shipped, generate shipment documentation from system.
3. Shipment processing, including, but not limited to; Schedule pick-ups with freight vendor(s) via phone or Internet, create Bills of Lading & Airway bills plus related shipping labels, initiate bookings for export shipments, coordinate shipment documentation, coordination of empty and loaded rail cars, tracking and tracing of shipments as necessary.
4. Adhere to the freight quoting policy when ordering transportation services
5. Audit all transportation invoices with respect to established rates with freight vendors.
6. Back up and support other traffic coordinators when necessary.
7. Participate in after hours on call program and respond to emergency shipments as required
This position is located in South Milwaukee. Relocation is not available for this position.
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...