Clopay Building Products is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for a Traffic Coordinator in our Troy, Ohio manufacturing facility.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
1) Keep informed of source plants' production capacities at all times, schedule & prioritize customer orders for production accordingly, optimizing the utilization of machine's and equipment and manpower.
2) Route customer orders in the most cost effective and timely manner, meeting the customers' expectation, while satisfying applicable transportation and regulatory requirements.
3) Maintain thorough knowledge of private fleet and approved corporate carriers' capacities and assign accordingly to the routes established to obtain the lowest freight cost possible.
4) Monitor and analyze the order backlog on a daily basis and make the appropriate scheduling decisions and/or recommendations to management.
5) Process order add-ons, cancellations and changes.
6) Answer general questions from Shipping and UPS departments.
7) Prepare miscellaneous scheduling reports.
8) Schedule customer appointment calls as needed.
9) Solicit brokers for external backhauls.
10) Coordinate with purchasing on internal pick ups.
11) Other duties as assigned.
A high school degree or equivalent is required along with a minimum of 1 year work experience in transportation and production scheduling. Basic computer skills are required with a familiarity of Microsoft Office Products.
Please visit our website at careers.clopay.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
Just like Aldous Huxley and Jim Morrison, Clopay knows something about doors. Subsidiary Clopay Building Products makes residential and...